I started dabbling with websites in 2001, writing my first HTML, CSS and JS websites in Notepad over dial up internet. In 2005 I started on my journey with data driven websites with my own PHP and MySQL content management system. By 2009 I had moved to Drupal 7 and many sites were built over the years, with a few static Bootstrap sites built for good measure.
During this time I worked for a range of public sector bodies, first in public rights of way, then rural development (including a lot of renewable energy) before moving into business intelligence for European Structural Funds, followed by business analysis first for European Funds, then for the police. Even during full time employment I often had side projects within my job developing Excel, Access and other Office automation solutions.
In 2021, I started working in Backdrop CMS and while I still have a couple of Drupal 7 sites, all new work is in Backdrop. Also in 2021 I started working full time for my business specialising in data solutions for web and desktop for small business and non-profits.
- I provide services related to Backdrop CMS
- I create/comment on issues for Backdrop CMS on GitHub (core or contrib)
- I create Pull Requests against Backdrop CMS (core or contrib)
- I review Pull Requests against Backdrop CMS (core or contrib)
- I create/maintain modules for Backdrop CMS
- I create/comment on issues for backdropcms.org (or other Backdrop properties)
- I give support in live chat, via Zulip, Gitter or IRC
- I answer questions in the Backdrop Forum