Defines a field type Block reference which creates a relationship to a block and
allows the block to be displayed as the content of the field.
Install this module using the official Backdrop CMS instructions at
Create a new blockreference field on any fieldable entity (node, taxonomy_term, etc.)
To assist in themeing blocks that are displayed using the block reference
module, the block reference element is available in the $variables array in
The element can be found at:
Note that the element will not be there for non-blockreference blocks so you
should first check the existence of the element before using its contents.
- Relationships are saved using the block's
- Block configuration visibility settings are respected.
If a referenced block does not appear when viewing a node, check
the block's visibility settings on /admin/structure/block.
Note that visibility settings are evaluated regardless of whether
the block is assigned to a region.
Bugs and Feature requests should be reported in the Issue Queue:
- opi (https://github.com/opi)
- Ported to Backdrop CMS by opi (https://github.com/opi).
- Originally written for Drupal by DanielB (https://www.drupal.org/u/danielb) and rudiedirkx (https://www.drupal.org/u/rudiedirkx).
This project is GPL v2 software. See the LICENSE.txt file in this directory for