Lando is for developers who want to easily specify and quickly spin up the services and tools needed to develop their projects.
Lando is a free, open source and cross-platform local development environment and DevOps tool built on Docker container technology and developed by Tandem. It is designed to work with most major languages, frameworks and services and to provide an easy way for users to specify simple or complex development requirements for their projects.
In that way it can be thought of as a development dependency management tool.
With Lando you can...
- Easily mimic your production environment locally.
- Standardize your teams dev environments and tooling on OSX, Windows and Linux.
- Integrate with hosting providers like Pantheon
- Store all of the above in a version controlled config file called
- Easily customize or extend tooling, deployment options and basically any other functionality.
- Free yourself from the tyranny of inferior local development products.