We merge eligible fixes for any contributed project
The Backdrop Bug Squad consists of trusted members of the backdrop-contrib group who will help maintainers stay on top of minor bug fixes and User Interface improvements.
This team is intended to help contributors stay on top of minor bug fixes and User Interface improvements by merging issues that have been "Reviewed and tested by the community" for a period of at least 2 weeks.
Our mission includes:
- to take the burden of project maintainership off of single individuals, and making it a responsibility of the community to step in when needed
- to improve the overall quality of contributed projects, by reducing the amount of time it takes for bug fixes to be released as much as possible
Our Responsibilities include:
- Reviewing Pull Requests for eligibility.
- Merging eligible Pull Requests.
- Communicating with existing maintainers.
- Creating a new releases when a sufficiently severe bug has been fixed.
The Backdrop Bug Squad can merge eligible Pull Requests for any project, it does not need to be abandoned.
Fixes eligible include:
- Minor Bugs (Fatal errors, PHP notices, validation errors, etc).
- Minor User Interface improvements (typos, spelling, grammar, terminology, etc).
- Cross-ports of fixes from the original Drupal project (if applicable).
- Packaging issues preventing the project from being downloaded and installed via the Project Browser.
Fixes NOT eligible include:
- Any new feature.
- Any major code change or addition.
- Any security fix should be handled by the security team.
Bug Squad Members
- Jen Lampton
- Gregory Netsas