A flexible sub theme of BASIS that allows a site editor or manager to make
maximum color/visual customizations through the user interface.
We think that there is demand for this kind of theme in the contrib space
and welcome both feature and design suggestions. Let's make this a community
Tatsu currently includes Bootstrap css and js files.
NOTE: We just created a 1.x-2.x branch for new development. If 1.x-1.x is helpful
as is, we'll try to keep it stabile - although, it is still pretty rough.
We found the name Tatsu on a list of good names for Dragons and later
learned that it is also the name of a roller coaster in California, USA.
- Install this theme using the official Backdrop CMS instructions at
Recommended (to acheive results in screen shot)
Go to /admin/appearance/list and set Tatsu to default theme
Experiment with the power of a flexible layout template
Go to /admin/structure/layouts/manage/home
- Remove "Primary Navigation" block from Header region
- Set "Header" block to use "Primary navigation" menu
- Move "Welcome" block to first Hero region
- Configurable Block Style for custom
block styling through the user interface.
VERSION 1.2 CHANGES
- Removed color module support for special hero blocks which are
no longer needed.
- Adding support for Config Recipes
- Adding support for Utility CSS module
Bugs and Feature requests should be reported in the Issue Queue:
CHANGES (from Basis)
- Small changes to hero blocks to make them fit gether nicely.
- Removed the background color from behind the site name.
- Adding some useful css classes that can be added to blocks through UI
We are also creating a library of configuration recipes that
should work well with this theme.
- Tim Erickson (https://github.com/stpaultim).
- Seeking co-maintainers
Thanks to Wes Ruvalcaba (https://github.com/wesruv) for
all the work he did on Basis along with anyone else who
helped with Basis.
Work on Tatsu is support by Triplo LLC (https://www.triplo.co)
Thanks to everyone that has worked on the Zen Theme for Drupal.
We have been inspired by your work and borrowed as heavily as
possible from your ideas and documentation.
This project is GPL v2 software. See the LICENSE.txt file in this directory for