Enables blocking of IP addresses.
This module restores lost Drupal core functionality with some improvements.
- see when IP was blocked, who of users block this IP and reason for blocking (if specified);
- set a 404 (Not Found) status code for visitors from blocked IP instead of default 403 (Access Denied);
- enable logging for access attempts from blocked IPs;
- block or unblock IP from "Recent log messages" event pages (admin/reports/event/EVENT_NUMBER).
New in version 1.x-1.0.5:
- display number of blocked IPs on the "Status report" page;
- integration with the new "Antiscan" module (https://backdropcms.org/project/antiscan) to
automatically block IP addresses used by bad crawlers or vulnerability scanners.
Install this module using the official Backdrop CMS instructions at https://backdropcms.org/guide/modules
Configuration and usage
Administration page is available via menu Administration > Configuration >
User accounts > IP address blocking (admin/config/people/ip-blocking)
and may be used for:
block an IP address:
- enter a valid IP address (for example, 10.0.0.1);
- (optional) enter description of reason for blocking this IP;
- click Add;
unblock previously blocked IP address:
- beside an IP address, click "unblock", then confirm unblocking.
While browsing "Recent log messages" (admin/reports/dblog) you can quickly review
an individual entry (admin/reports/event/EVENT_NUMBER) and block (or unblock)
an IP address from the "Operation" link.
This link will be shown for events of types 'access denied', 'antiscan', 'blocked_ip', 'login_allowlist',
'page not found', 'system', 'user' only if IP address is valid and not the current user's IP address.
Screenshots are available at https://findlab.net/projects/ip-address-blocking
This project is GPL v2 software. See the LICENSE.txt file in this directory for
For bug reports, feature or support requests, please use the module
issue queue at https://github.com/backdrop-contrib/ip_blocking/issues.