Automatic block (ban) IP addresses used by bad crawlers or vulnerability scanners.
Antiscan is an add-on module that extends the IP address blocking
module (version 1.x-1.0.5 or newest) to automatically block anyone who tries to access paths defined as restricted.
Usually it is a bad crawler looking for known potentially vulnerable paths,
such as "wp-admin.php", "xmlrpc.php" and so on.
Also, since version 1.x-1.0.5, you can block bad bots using their well-known User-Agent strings and spam referrer domains.
New in version version 1.x-1.0.4: option "Report to AbuseIPDB" can be enabled for automatic reporting to AbuseIPDB about blocked scanners activity.
You need to install AbuseIPDB report module to see and use this option.
Install this module using the official Backdrop CMS instructions at https://backdropcms.org/guide/modules
Configuration and usage
Administration page is available via menu Administration > Configuration >
User accounts > Antiscan (admin/config/people/antiscan)
and may be used for:
- add your patterns for paths to be restricted (some usefull patterns are already added out of the box);
- set paths or portions of paths that will NOT be restricted to avoid self-blocking;
- set User-Agent strings, to be blocked;
- set Referrer spam domains to be blocked;
- enable automatic reporting to AbuseIPDB about blocked scanners activity ("AbuseIPDB report" module should be installed);
- enable logging for blocked access attempts (enabled by default);
- select the time after which the blocked IP will be unblocked automatically;
- use "Test Mode" to test your patterns, your current IP will not be blocked, but you may see a message when you try to visit the restricted path.
Also, this module provides a block with information about the number of currently blocked IP addresses.
You can place this block in any convenient place.
Screenshots are available at https://findlab.net/projects/antiscan
This project is GPL v2 software. See the LICENSE.txt file in this directory for
For bug reports, feature or support requests, please use the module
issue queue at https://github.com/backdrop-contrib/antiscan/issues.