This is a clean and minimal Backdrop-oriented Bootstrap 3-based theme inspired by the Drupal Bootstrap theme and that provides an upgrade path from that D7 theme. It is, however, a totally separate project from the Drupal Bootstrap theme with no guaranteed compatibility between the two themes.
- Bootswatch support included. Easy to pick a Bootswatch free theme.
- FontAwesome 4 support included.
- Load Bootstrap/Bootswatch and/or FontAwesome from BootstrapCDN or from the bundled libraries.
- Other tweaks:
- Navbar settings (fixed, static, top, bottom).
- Navbar user menu with cog icon.
- Breadcrumbs tweaks.
- Ability to use fluid or fixed width.
- "XX time ago" for nodes and comments instead of regular time.
Install this theme using the official Backdrop CMS instructions.
The navbar content is controlled by a layout block - "Header block". By changing settings for the "Header block", you can control the visibility of the menu, logo, sitename and site slogan.
Beginning with version 1.x-1.4.0, the main
body tag in the page HTML includes classes based on the user's role(s) and the normal path (not URL alias) of the page.
See the official Bootstrap 3 documentation for a general description of Bootstrap CSS, components, and JS resources supported by the module.
See the official Font Awesome 4 documentation for a general description of Font Awesome 4.
Bootstrap 3 comes with its own set of icons and an icon font, "Glyphicon Halflings". Bootstrap 3 icons use HTML like this (for a cart):
<i class="glyphicon glyphicon-shopping-cart"></i>.
Font Awesome 4 (which is optional) provides its own set of icons, which use HTML like this (also for a cart):
<i class="fa fa-shopping-cart"></i>.
Usage and Sub-Themes
Although you can use Bootstrap Lite theme directly (perhaps with a "skin" chosen from the Bootswatch offerings), many users will wish to modify the theme further. The best way to do this is to create a sub-theme of Bootstrap Lite. See the Backdrop documentation on Developing sub-themes for details of how to do this.
The Devel Subthemer is a helpful tool for creating sub-themes.
Differences from Drupal 7
These features were dropped in the port from the Drupal Bootstrap theme:
- Starter kit. But you still can create a sub theme. See Developing sub-themes.
- Tooltip. The feature is there, but you need to follow the Bootstrap 3 documentation to make it work.
- Popovers. The feature is there, but you need to follow the Bootstrap 3 documentation to make it work.
- Anchors settings.
- Well settings.
Bugs and feature requests should be reported in the issue queue.
Thanks to the Drupal Bootstrap theme authors.
Thanks to Gormartsen for the original port to Backdrop CMS.
This project is GPL v2 software. See the LICENSE.txt file in this directory for complete text.
Bootstrap, the Bootswatch themes, and Font Awesome are provided under the MIT License.