Import users into Backdrop from a CSV file (Comma Separated File).
- Creates an account for each user
- Match CSV columns to profile fields.
- Can optionally use the file's first row to map CSV data to user profile fields
- Option to create Usernames based on data from file, e.g. "John" + "Smith" => "JohnSmith"
- Usernames can be made of abbreviated data from file, e.g. "Jane" + "Doe" => "JDoe"
- Option to create random, human readable, usernames
- Option to import passwords or create random passwords for each user
- Can set user roles
- Option to send welcome email, with account details to each new user
- Can set each user's contact form to enabled
- Test mode option to check for errors
- Processing can be triggered by cron or manually by an administrator
- Can stagger number of users imported, so that not too many emails are sent at one time
- Multiple files can be imported/tested at the same time
- Option to make new accounts immediately active, or inactive until user logs in
- Use CSV file already uploaded through FTP (useful for large imports)
- Designed to be massively scalable
Installation and Usage
- Install this module using the official Backdrop CMS instructions.
- A private file directory must be set (you will be prompted to do this if you haven't done so and attempt to import users).
- Usage instructions can be viewed and edited in the Wiki.
- Bugs and Feature requests should be reported in the Issue Queue.
- Ported to Backdrop by Laryn Kragt Bakker - CEDC.org
- Created and maintained for Drupal by Robert Castelo - CodePositive
- A script by David McIntosh informed the development of this module.
- Patches, documentation and code provided by community members including spatz4000, mfredrickson, idealso, and Nedio Rogers.
This project is GPL v2 software. See the LICENSE.txt file in this directory for