The Twilio module provides integration with the Twilio cloud communication
platform allowing your Backdrop site to integrate Voice and SMS
The module currently provides the following functionality:
- Rules event to act on incoming SMS message
- Rules action to send an SMS message
- Hook for incoming SMS messages
- Hook for incoming voice calls
- User object phone number storage and validation
Project homepage: http://backdropcms.org/project/twilio
Install this module using the official Backdrop CMS instructions at
You will need an account at twilio.com. If you don't have one you can create
a trial account with a "trial balance" to allow you to experiment. When the
trial is over, you'll need at least one Twilio number, $1.00 per month as of now
(August 2017). Usage rates are on the site. Example: domestic USA SMS text
messages are $.0075 each as of now.
Visit 'admin/config/system/twilio' and enter your Twilio API information
found on the twilio dashboard.
Additional documentation is located in the Wiki: https://github.com/backdrop-
Bugs and Feature requests should be reported in the Issue Queue:
- Marc Linn (https://github.com/mclinn)
- Ported to Backdrop CMS by Marc Linn (https://github.com/mclinn).
- Originally written for Drupal by Arvin Singla (arvinsingla), firstname.lastname@example.org
This project is GPL v2 software. See the LICENSE.txt file in this directory for