The Rules module allows site administrators to define conditionally executed
actions based on occurring events (known as reactive or ECA rules).
Example use cases
- Build flexible content publishing workflows changes
- Send customized mails to notify your users about important
- Create custom redirections, system messages, breadcrumbs, ...
- Build an eCommerce store using Ubercart
And many more...
- Obviously, you may use reaction rules to react upon any event with custom conditions and actions.
- Allows functionality to be re-used via components.
- Flexible scheduling system that allows scheduling any component / action.
- Users can share their customizations by using the built-in import/export feature.
- Modular input evaluation system.
- The module has been developed with site performance in mind, so it makes use of caching routines to speed up rule evaluation.
- Rules 2.x features improved APIs, a new admin UI, support for all entity types, parameter configuration via simple data selection (i.e. just pass node:author as argument) and much more.
Install Entity Plus, Entity UI, and Entity Tokens and this module using the official Backdrop CMS instructions.
If you will be upgrading a site from Drupal 7, you should install stub modules in your D7 installation before starting the upgrade process.
Rules has four component modules, each with separate activation:
- Rules Scheduler
- Rules UI
- Rules translation - for internationalization
Then visit the configuration page at Administration >
Configuration > Category > Rules (admin/config/category/rules)
and enter the required information.
Additional documentation is located in the Wiki.
- Graham Oliver
- Laryn Kragt Bakker - CEDC.org
- Robert J. Lang
- Alejandro Cremaschi
- Seeking additional maintainers
Port to Backdrop:
- Graham Oliver
- Other contributors:
- Wolfgang Ziegler (fago) (lead maintainer)
- Klaus Purer (klausi)
- The Drupal 7 project has been sponsored by drunomics, epiqo,
and Google Summer of Code.
This project is GPL v2 software.
See the LICENSE.txt file in this directory for complete text.