What is Quicklink?
Quicklink library attempts to make navigations to subsequent pages load faster. This module loads the library and provides a Backdrop administrative interface to configure it.
- Detects links within the viewport.
- Waits until the browser is idle.
- Checks if the user isn't on a slow connection or has data-saver enabled.
- Prefetches URLs to the links (using or XHR). Provides some control over the request priority (can switch to fetch() if supported).
- Download the Backdrop module and extract it to your modules folder.
How do I access the Quicklink admin interface?
The Quicklink module admin interface is located at
admin/config/development/performance/quicklink, and can be accessed from a tab on the development
/ performance settings page.
What browsers does this support?
With Intersection Observer polyfill:
How to ignore certain links.
You can tell Quicklink to ignore certain links by adding them into the ignore
In addition, you can add a
noprefetch attribute onto the
<a> tag to tell
the library not to prefetch this link.
To submit bug reports and feature suggestions, or to track changes:
- Herb v/d Dool (https://github.com/herbdool/)
- Seeking additional maintainers.
- Ported to Backdrop by Herb v/d Dool (https://github.com/herbdool/)
- Originally developed for Drupal by mherchel
This project is GPL v2 software. See the LICENSE.txt file in this directory for