Paragraphs is the new way of content creation!
It allows you — Site Builders — to make things cleaner so that you can give more
editing power to your end users.
Instead of putting all their content in one WYSIWYG body field including images
and videos, end-users can now choose on-the-fly between pre-defined Paragraph
Types independent from one another. Paragraph Types can be anything you want
from a simple text block or image to a complex and configurable slideshow.
Paragraphs module comes with a new "paragraphs" field type that works like
Entity References. Simply add a new paragraphs field on any Content Type you
want and choose which Paragraph Types should be available to end-users. They
can then add as many Paragraph items as you allowed them to and reorder them
Paragraphs module does not come with any default Paragraph Types but you have
complete control over what fields they should be composed of and what they
should look like through the standard Backdrop Manage Fields and
Manage Display screens.
You can also add custom option fields and do conditional coding in your CSS,
JS and preprocess functions so that end-users can have more control over the
look and feel of each item. This is way much cleaner and stable than adding
inline CSS or classes inside the body field's source.
So... what's it gonna be? Accordions, Tabs, Slideshows, Masonry galleries,
Parallax backgrounds...? Think big!
Some more examples:
- Add a block of text with an image left to it
- Add a slideshow between blocks of text
- Add a youtube embed between your text
- Add quotes between your content blocks
Installation and Usage
- Install this module using the official Backdrop CMS instructions
- Usage instructions can be viewed and edited in the Wiki.
(Open a PR to request your Paragraphs-related module to be listed here.)
- Bugs and Feature requests should be reported in the Issue Queue.
- Ported to BackdropCMS by @docwilmot
- Maintainers on drupal.org include berdir,
This project is GPL v2 software. See the LICENSE.txt file in this directory for