Provides a small collection of drush utilities to deploy configuration changes
to Backdrop CMS sites on Pantheon with their configuration in version control.
- A drush installation compatible with Backdrop CMS (https://backdropcms.org/project/drush)
- A terminus installation on your local environment (https://pantheon.io/docs/terminus/install)
- First, install this module using the official Backdrop CMS instructions at
- Paste the code snippet found in settings.snippet.php into your
settings.local.php file or equivalent, directly after the last definition
of the $config_directories variable.
This is a developer module specifically for Backdrop CMS sites on Pantheon.
It installs a collection of drush utilities that can be used to temporarily
configure a Backdrop CMS site on Pantheon to use the writeable file system
for configuration management.
To use this module:
- Ensure your site's active configuration IS in your repo, and is NOT in
the writeable filesystem.
- Visit the module's config page to save your config location settings at
- When local changes modify or create JSON config files, use a workflow
similar to the one below to deploy those changes to ENV(s)
- First, make config affecting changes on your local environment, commit, and push. Then...
- terminus drush SITE.ENV pcrc REMOVES any temporary config files from SITE.ENV
- terminus drush SITE.ENV pccc CLONES your pre-deploy active config into the temporary config directory
- terminus drush SITE.ENV state-set maintenance_mode 1 Optionally turn Maintenance Mode ON while changes are imported
- terminus drush SITE.ENV pcwc 1 TURN ON Writeable Configuration
- terminus upstream:updates:apply SITE.ENV --updatedb --accept-upstream ONLY IF you're using an upstream, or just push like normal //
- git push origin [master / multidev env] ONLY IF you're not using an upstream, otherwise use the option above ^^
- terminus drush SITE.ENV bcim IMPORT configuration changes in the repo
- terminus drush SITE.ENV pcrc TURN OFF writeable config and cleanup the files
- terminus drush SITE.ENV state-set maintenance_mode 0 Maintenance mode OFF assuming you turned it on
Bugs and Feature requests should be reported in the Issue Queue: https://github.com/backdrop-contrib/pantheon_config_deploy/issues
- Eric Toupin.
- Seeking additional maintainers.
This project is GPL v2 software.
See the LICENSE.txt file in this directory for complete text.