MaxLength allows you to set maximum length of any field on any form making use
of the Form API. This includes fields created using the UI (e.g. any text
field on a node). It is compatible with Backdrop's CKEditor out of the box.
- Install this module using the
official Backdrop CMS instructions.
Configuration and Usage
When the maximum length is enforced for a field, while a user is editing content
MaxLength creates a new Form Property: #maxlength_js which in conjunction
textarea and will show the number of characters left.
Using the field setting page, you can limit text fields and text areas. For
text fields this module will use the "Maximum length" value set in the field
More details may be found (or added) in the
Bugs and Feature requests should be reported in the
- Ported to Backdrop by Laryn Kragt Bakker,
- Maintained for Drupal by Inovae,
sponsored by Amazee Labs.
- Drupal version is thanks to jm.federico, johnnygamba, Seed EM, a_c_m, dereine,
and mariuss and others as noted in the commit history.
- Originally inspired by functionality found in the
This project is GPL v2 software. See the LICENSE.txt file in this directory for