FileField Sources is a module that enhances the generic and image upload fields
in Backdrop. Typically such fields only allow you to upload a file from your
desktop. FileField Sources makes it so that you can populate any file field from
a variety of sources, such as entering remote URLs directly, re-use existing
uploaded files, pull from a server directory, or a variety of other
- Install and enable this module using the official Backdrop CMS instructions
- Add or configure an existing file or image field.
- To configure a typical node field, visit Admin -> Structure -> Content types
and click "Manage fields" on a type you'd like to modify. Add a new file or
image field or edit an existing one.
- While editing the file or image field, you'll have new options available
under a "File sources" fieldset. You can enable the desired sources for that
- Create a piece of content that uses your file and try it out.
Additional documentation is located in the Wiki:
Bugs and Feature requests should be reported in the Issue Queue:
This module is currently seeking maintainers.
This module built by Robots: http://www.lullabot.com
Originally written for Drupal by Nate Haug (https://github.com/quicksketch)
Converted to Backdrop by Jerad Bitner (https://github.com/sirkitree)
This project is GPL v2 software. See the LICENSE.txt file in this directory for