Using the Field Wrappers module, site administrator will be able to choose HTML
wrappers for Fields. Normally the Field API uses DIV elements to wrap fields,
labels and its data.
After the Field Wrappers module has been enabled, you can choose from the
following default set of markup types as wrapper for your field elements:
- None (removes the markup)
If an outer field wrapper is selected, you also have the ability to add a CSS
class to the outer wrapper.
Other modules (or themes) can alter this list using
field_wrappers.api.php or the
wiki for more
information and examples.
Note for Theme Developers:
This module uses a template overwrite for Backdrop's core field.tpl.php. If your
module or theme uses a customized template file for fields, you should take a
look at this one to make sure the wrappers are printed out correctly.
- Install this module using the official Backdrop CMS instructions at
Bugs and Feature requests should be reported in the
- Current development is supported by Aten Design Group.
- Ported to Backdrop CMS by Laryn Kragt Bakker.
- Previously supported for Backdrop by CEDC.org.
- Maintained for Drupal by skilip.
- Originally developed for the Dutch House of Representatives.
- The ability to add a class to the outer wrapper was merged in from the
Drupal Field Formatter Class module.
Thank you to the maintainers of that module: andrewmacpherson,
pifagor, and mfer.
This project is GPL v2 software. See the LICENSE.txt file in this directory for