This module contains helper functions for Backdrop developers. It provides a
wide array of tools for examining the functionality of your site, including:
- Displaying a list of all SQL queries executed per page.
- Integrating with XHProf to show what PHP was executed and identify slow calls.
- Executing arbitrary PHP.
- Switch between different users.
- Report memory usage at the bottom of each page.
- A mail-system class which redirects outbound email to files.
- Utility functions for dumping variables to the page or messages area.
Although the abilities of this module are restricted to a permission
('access development information'), it's a good idea not to have this module
enabled on production servers due to its exceedingly dangerous functionality.
The most common functions for dumping variables include:
dpr(): Prints a variable using
print_r()to the messages area.
dpm(): Prints a variable using the krumo library to the messages area.
dvm(): Prints a variable using
var_export()to the messages area.
All of these functions will only show the messages to users that have the
'access development information' permission.
Included in this package is also:
- devel_node_access module which prints out the node_access records for a given node. Also offers hook_node_access_explain for all node access modules to implement. Handy.
- devel_generate.module which bulk creates nodes, users, comment, terms for development.
This project is GPL v2 software. See the LICENSE.txt file in this directory for
- Nate Haug (https://github.com/quicksketch/)
- Jen Lampton (https://github.com/jenlampton)
- Alan Mels (https://github.com/alanmels)
Originally written for Drupal by
- Moshe Weitzman (https://www.drupal.org/u/moshe-weitzman)
- Hans Salvisberg (https://www.drupal.org/u/salvis)
This module is seeking additional maintainers.