The Mentions module offers Twitter like functionality, recording all references
to a user's username - using the [@username] or [@#uid] filter format - from
various locations, providing a centralized page to track all mentions.
- Tracks Mentions on any Entity.
- An Input filter to convert [@username] or [@#uid] to the user's profile.
- Customizable input ([@username], [@#uid]) and output (@username) patterns,
including support for the Token module.
- Optional: autocompletion of mentions using the jQuery textcomplete library.
This currently does not work with CKEditor and consequently has not been
tested. A configuration option is available to prevent loading the
- Integrations with:
- Machine name - Use a Machine name field as the mention source.
- Rules - React to created, updated and deleted mentions.
- Views - Display a list of all mentions, mentions by user, and more.
jQuery textcomplete - Autocompletion of mentions (not working with CKEditor)
The jQuery textcomplete library adds autocompletion of mentions, to install it
follow these steps:
(optional) Download and install the Libraries API module.
Download the jQuery textcomplete library and extract and move it into your
libraries folder as 'textcomplete' (eg. sites/all/libraries/textcomplete).
Alternatively, you can use the Drush command 'mentions-library' or the Drush
make entry provided below:
libraries[textcomplete][download][type] = get
libraries[textcomplete][download][url] = https://github.com/Decipher/jquery-textcomplete/archive/master.zip
Usage / Configuration
Once installed, the Mentions filter needs to be enabled on your desired Text
formats, this can be done via the Text formats page.
Customisation settings for input and output patterns are available via the
Mentions configuration form:
This project is GPL v2 software. See the LICENSE.txt file in this directory for
- docwilmot (https://github.com/docwilmot)
Mentions was written and is maintained for Drupal by Stuart Clark (deciphered).