This Mime Mail module provides functions that can be used by other
modules to accept an HTML message body and header, mime-endcode it
and send it via Backdrop's core mail system.
It also permits users to receive HTML email.
If the HTML has embedded graphics, these graphics are MIME-encoded
and included as a message attachment. It will also send uploaded
files as attachments.
Sent messages are formatted by template, theme and styles. CSS
styles are converted into inline style attributes.
Install this module using the official Backdrop CMS instructions at
Use the configuration page at /admin/config/system/mimemail to
set values for:
- sender name
- sender email address
- use simple address format
- include site style sheets
- send plain text email only
- link images only
- preserve class attributes
- text format (HTML or plain text)
There are three submodules:
Mime Mail Example is a simple form for input of an
email to send via Mime Mail.
Mime Mail Compress converts CSS to inline styles in
an HTML message. (Requires the PHP DOM extension.)
Mime Mail Action provides additional actions for Mime Mail.
(Not yet tested with Backdrop.)
Help & Documentation
Please see the readme.txt file for more information.
This project is GPL v2 software. See the LICENSE.txt
file in this directory for complete text.
Current Maintainer for Backdrop
Graham Oliver (github.com/Graham-72/)
Port to Backdrop
- Graham Oliver (github.com/Graham-72)
- Andy Martha (github.com/biolithic)
Maintainers for Drupal:
- Robert Castelo https://www.drupal.org/user/3555
- Gerhard Killesreiter https://www.drupal.org/user/227
- Allie Micka https://www.drupal.org/user/15091
- Gabor Seljan https://www.drupal.org/user/232117
This port to Backdrop would not, of course, be possible without all
the work done by the developers and maintainers of the Drupal module.