Thank you for your interest in contributing to the Backdrop CMS blog!
To ensure everything on the Backdrop CMS blog, including official posts and community contributions, deliver the most possible value to our readers, we’ve developed these guidelines.
Please keep the following list handy when writing your blog post—these tips are meant to elevate both your contribution and the Backdrop CMS community as a whole. Thanks again!
- Review your blog post to check the spelling and grammar. Typos happen to the best of us—it doesn’t hurt to comb through it an extra time.
- Add a title to your blog post! This title should should be in “Sentence case” with only the first letter capitalized (as well as any proper nouns.)
- Try to break up large sections with headings and subheadings. For headings within the blog post, also use “Sentence case”.
- Use Bold for important points and key sentences, and don’t be afraid to included bulleted or numbered lists—this ensures someone skimming the article gets plenty of value.
- Keep any code in “codeblocks” (use the code button in the Rich-Text editor, or edit the source for more control).
- Use text within the sentence when linking to other content pieces—rather than instructing readers to “click here.”
- EX: “Download Backdrop CMS today.” vs. “Click here to download Backdrop CMS today“
- Include images and screenshots in your blog post! All posts should have a featured image, but feel free to add more images inline if applicable. Please credit / attribute any images if possible.
- If your blog post includes a video we’d prefer that you used an embed code. However, if you’d prefer to link to the video instead, please follow the linking guideline above.
- Please include a sentence / section at the bottom of your post where you mention that any opinions in the blog post are your own and not necessarily the viewpoint of “Backdrop CMS”.
- Once you submit your blog post a member of the Backdrop CMS marketing team may be in touch with you to help review and edit the post. We may ask you to make a quick revision if the post doesn’t follow these contribution guidelines.
Bonus step: Share your blog post with others! Once we’ve published your contribution on BackdropCMS.org, feel free to pass the link to friends and family.
If you already have an account on backdropcms.org, then you are ready: Create your blog post!
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort spent writing for Backdrop—we can’t do what we do without your contributions.