The Tag module provides two basic components:
- A mechanism to suggest tags for an entity being saved. Modules wanting
to provide tag suggestions should implement hook_tag_suggestion_info() - see
- A mechanism to do something with the tags suggested by each "suggestion"
module. A module wanting to react to changes in tags (e.g. provide a user
interface), should implement hook_tag_ui_info() - again, see tag.api.php
A basic "Tag-on-save" module is included with the Tag API module. This module
provides the basic functionality of adding ALL tags suggested by a suggestion
module when an entity is saved. This, along with the 7.x-3.0 branch of the
should serve as examples to get
started with the Tag API.
The Tag module currently only works with the Node entity type, although
it could easily be altered to work with any entity type. If somebody is keen
to get this working with other entities, I'd certainly accept help/patches.
- Autotag module (http://backdrop.org/project/autotag)
Install only if required by another module.
The module has no menu or modifiable settings. There is no
This project is GPL v2 software. See the LICENSE.txt file in this directory
for complete text.
- Wilmoth Shillingford (docwilmot) - https://github.com/docwilmot
- Simon Rycroft (sdrycroft) - https://www.drupal.org/user/151544