Provides an additional format for the display of date fields so that
they can be added into an external calendar. The types of calendar
- Google Calendar
- Yahoo! Calendar
(Note: only Google Calendar has been tested with this initial release.)
- Add a date field to the content type that provides the
- Open the date field's display settings.
- Change the date field's format to be Add to Cal.
- Configure the 'Add to Cal' detailed format settings.
- Location Field: An optional field to use as the location in calendar events.
- Description Field: An optional field to use as a description in calendar events.
- Show for Past Events: Determines whether the widget will be displayed for past events.
If a date field's display has been configured to use the Add to Cal
format, an 'Add to Calendar' button appears next to the field when it
is displayed. This button provides a drop-down menu containing links to
the supported calendar formats, and includes basic styling that can be
easily modified through CSS.
If, for example, the Google Calendar option is selected, a log-in to a
Google Account will be requested, the details will then appear there on an
admin page with a 'save' button to add the event to that account's calendar.
For screenshots and a more detailed explanation of how this module
works, check out the blog post at
After installation, we recommend clearing your cache, or you may see
a strange behavior where the .ics file downloads try to load as nodes
rather than triggering a download.
This project is GPL v2 software. See the LICENSE.txt file in this
directory for complete text.
Port to Backdrop
- Graham Oliver (github.com/Graham-72)
Maintainers for Drupal:
- Andrei Colesnic (andrei.colesnic)
- Greg Bloggs
- Gabriel Carleton-Barnes (gcb)
- Lev Tsypin (levelos)
- Sean Larkin (seanberto)