Better Formats is a port of a Drupal module to add more flexibility to the core input format system. It comes with different content permissions to assign to roles of users, and an admin page for configuring fields.
CONTENTS OF THIS FILE
- Known Issues
- Special Thanks
- Coming From Drupal?
The one that ported the module has not noticed any issues yet in Backdrop 1.2+ but has never used the module before (this module is a community request). Please report issues as you see them.
This module has no official release for Drupal and therefore you may run into an issue.
This note from the original developer on its Drupal page:
"Most development is done. Needs heavy testing to create a stable production release."
Junta and https://www.drupal.org/u/dragonwize
Install this module using the official Backdrop CMS instructions at https://backdropcms.org/guide/modules
Display options: When BF is enabled you will have permissions at
admin/people/permissions to control per role display of:
- format tips
- format tips link
- format selection for [entity]
#3 is actually several permissions. There is one for each entity in your site.
Simple field level default format.
This allows you set a field level default format using the standard "Default Value"
setting of a field. This is only possibly normally if you enter something in the
text field for the field api to save the format too. BF gives you the ability
to set the format WITHOUT having to set a value in the field.
- At admin/config/content/formats/settings enable "Use field default" option.
- Create a text type of field on one of your content types.
- Ensure you set the "Text processing" option to "Filtered text".
- Save the field.
- Now go back and edit the field you just saved. This is required because of
how the field default value option works.
- You will now see a "Text format" dropdown below your field in the
"Default Value" area. Set the default format in the dropdown.
- Save the field. Default will now be used on all new content forms for that field.
COMING FROM DRUPAL?
Nothing substantially different.
yes, this module installs permissions for your roles to use
This project is GPL v2 software. See the LICENSE.txt file in this directory for complete text.
This module is based on the Better Formats module for Drupal, originally written and maintained by a large number of contributors, including:
Current Maintainers on Drupal:
Ported to Backdrop by:
- biolithic https://github.com/biolithic